Sunday 29 September 2024

 For Sale 29th Sept 2024

Reluctantly selling Millie due to pending house move and lack of garage space at new home.

Is advertised elsewhere with some of the following information but fewer photos than are shown here. All photos taken within last 3 days of posting.

Aiming to get close to £6500 for this excellent 1958 Morris 1000.

I can be contacted on 07708433374, location is Redditch, Worcestershire, England. 

I bought the Morris in July 2020, sight unseen, from a guy in Dover! Was taken by the photos and the light green colour. Yes, it was a risk but I like green! The colour turned out to be 'Sage Green' and is the same colour as stated on the original invoice, which I have, back in 1958 when the car was delivered. Quite a rare colour and very pretty.

Sometime ago the car has undergone a major restoration including a gold seal engine that got painted red then green by me. I do have photos showing some of the stages of restoration but cannot pin down the timeframe. Once I got the car home I went over it thoroughly and was very pleased with the condition. I did find a lot of loose nuts and bolts but no major issues so I suspect the restoration was not long before I bought it.

Overall the body work is excellent all round with just a few minor blemishes on the paintwork that are not easy to pick up even on the camera. Underneath is great having been stone chipped and wax oiled. All of the chassis and metal panels are solid.

Chrome work is very good all round and I have fitted new light bezels, boot handle, front door handles plus had the rear door handles re chromed.

Have replaced both quarter light rubber seals and front door winding window seals.

Added carpet to the boot shelf and boot lid. Comes with matching luggage!

Under the bonnet I fitted a new radiator, extended bonnet stay, temperature and oil pressure switches and hazard warning wiring. Plus, quite a bit of spit and polish. The engine starts and runs very well with good oil pressure.

The suspension and drum brakes are standard.

Inside I have fitted oil and temperature gauges to the dash and a hazard warning switch. The rest of the interiors is very much standard with a new rear seat cover, from Newton Commercial, to match the almost new front seat covers. The head lining is in excellent condition as are all the interior door panels. The carpet looks almost new. I have removed the front parcel shelf to give better leg room and there are two glove boxes for storage.

The car is Tax and MOT free.

If you have any queries please get in touch.











































































































 



No comments:

Post a Comment

 For Sale 29th Sept 2024 Reluctantly selling Millie due to pending house move and lack of garage space at new home. Is advertised elsewhere ...